"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Yoga weekend

This weekend I drove to Colorado Springs to get certified to be a Yoga teacher. I have been practicing Yoga for coming up on 2 years and I have been subbing for our teacher on occasion. Getting certified in this area is tough with limited opportunities and I have been waiting for over 6 months to get certified. Everybody wants a person to have that piece of paper saying they are legitimate. Colorado Springs is only a 3 hour drive for me, so no problem. I stayed at the Broadmoore, a 5 star hotel, becuase that is where the conference was at. Never done that before and all the extra fancy and extra service was a nice treat. I had to eat in my room because I did not bring the appropriate attire for eating in the restaurants in the hotel. I tried not to think too much about all the possibilities of my $30 cheeseburger I ate, just that it was a good one. I very much enjoyed the big bath tub and the huge shower.

It was great for me to get away from the drama of my daily life and have some time to myself. One great thing about it was there was tons of young attractive women working there who gave me lots of attention. Thought I was back in Jamaica for awhile. I bet they were thinking I have lots of money or maybe they are just getting paid to be nice. Any rate, that helped my self-esteem out tons.

For the 2 day seminar: it changed my life! Any one who has read my blogs of late knows I have had some questions about my life. I have been asking and searching and waiting for answers and I finally got some. The teacher/Yoga master was incredible! He taught us all about Eastern philosophy and all of those things about life that I have always thought was the best way to be. In the last 7 years, I had lost my faith in it. Thank God it had not lost It’s faith in me!!! All of my answers can be found within, just where they were all along. I had stopped trusting and now I have found my way back.

The Yoga itself we practiced was intense! At times I was feeling the best I have ever felt in my whole life! Then, I was crying like I have not in years. We did trance dancing that I wanted to never end. My ohms chant had a big loud tone that surprised me. Sunday we practiced a very fast paced, intense, physically demanding session that rocked!!! I was performing posses I had seen in magazines that I thought I could never do. And did them all on my first try!

Today, I am sore. My back and my legs are sore from setting on my matt for 2 days and the drive home did not help. I moved a ton of blocked energy and all day today I have been exhausted both emotionally and psychically.

The thing about receiving great information is what a person does with it after. Right now, I am just so happy to be found and back on the right Path. Be assured I will do my best to allow this information to do It’s work. Right now, I just need some rest.

Real quick: a few things that are sticking out in my mind right now. First is forgiveness. Who do I need to forgive? Myself. The other is taking full responsibility. Always thought I had been but I can see now I was placing a lot of blame on others. Who mostly? God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home