"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Holding Back II

As time went by, we had a few nice phone conversations, strictly as friends. Latter, after three or four months, I discovered that my son was not really interested in her. His mother would not have a black daughter-in-law. When I returned in July, some 8 months latter from this first meeting, I was again impressed with the site of her. The many photos I had from the first trip did not do her energy and elegance justice. Yet, I held back.

On that second trip, I was there to met another and Neliesha had a Jamaican man in her life. The second day of this trip came a phone call with a surprising confession: she told me she liked me, not just as a friend, but for much more. Even more surprisingly, I told her, in an awkward, clumsy way, that I had feelings of wanting to be more as well. Yes, I did, even though I had not admitted it to myself. Indeed, I do so now. But what to do?

Upon returning here, confusion filled my heart and I fought with myself for many months. What to do? Then, Jah provided an answer. Her man had become abusive and she quickly ended it. The person I met went her own separate way to Canada. Yet, I held back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home