"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Jamaica

Not sure if I have blogged about this yet, but in 2 weeks, I am going to Jamaica. The photo is where we are staying, Gobal Villa (the white building with the red roof), near Montego Bay. My brother is getting married on a farm about 10 miles from the Villa on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am going with my parents, my sister and my son. No, my brother is not marrying a Jamaican woman. Actually, they are already married. They got married in July in Gillette, Wyoming. My brother met her at the YMCA there in Gillette. He actually lives in Laramie, Wyoming, but works in Gillette. Him and his wife have been ‘friends’ for over 5 years. Why Jamaica? About 20 years ago, my brother took a trip there. He only purchased a plane ticket. No hotel room or rental car, nothing. He wanted to experience the actual culture there and rented a bicycle at the airport and slept on the beach for the first few nights. Then he met a ‘farmer.’ He went back every year after that. About 8 years ago, my brother invested a bunch of money in this ‘farm’ and now it grows fruit (several types of bananas, yams, coconuts, mangos, ect.) He has been going there 2 or 3 times a year, helping with planting and harvesting. He has taken his now wife there the last 3 years. She is a scuba diver instructor. Anyway, I have never been out of the country, well except for Tijuana, but I am not sure that counts. This weekend I began getting some stuff together and packing. We are leaving Monday, the 21st and spending the night in Denver because our flight leaves at 7:00AM on the 22nd. We will have to be there around 4:00AM and DIA is an hour and a half drive from here. For the past month or so, I have been visualizing myself, while in my Spinning class at the YMCA, doing Yoga on the beach in Jamaica. Makes it go by much faster. I have begun to get excited about going the past few days. My brother told me that the woman there are very ‘assertive’ with American men. I would love some of that type attention. It has been a very long time. I hope I met a really nice, smart and hot island girl. That would rock! Maybe I could bring her home with me. That would rule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home