"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Emile Rose

Saturday, 10-29, my son and I went to see the movie “The Exorcism of Emile Rose.” Heard lots of people say it was scary. I was not, but I was very interested. We went to my favorite cinema, “The Lincoln” which is downtown. This theater was originally built in 1938, Cheyenne’s first, and latter remodeled to be one of the studio theaters in the 50‘s. We used to have a Paramount, as well, but it closed 30 years ago. The Lincoln theatre has been renovated to be mostly the original 1950’s décor. The ceiling in the lobby is the original from 1955. They put in a great sound system a few years ago and a huge screen, the best in town until the same owner built a brand new 12 screen complex last year. I love this old theater! It has such wonderful energy. Plus, it is a second run and the movies are only $1!!!! This theatre is where my son saw his first “big movie” when he was 5, “Beauty and the Beast.” That is a very special memory for me! He stood the entire movie and sang along, even though he do not know the words. He danced and looked back, asking me if I saw that and he was just totally into it. That began a tradition with us. We go often. We rent lots of movies and purchase them for each other as gifts for holidays and birthdays. When he was about 8 or 9, he began asking me lots of questions after the movies. To my amazement, he would ask some very deep and mature and intelligent questions. We sometimes talk about if we liked it or not, but mostly we discuss the movie's topics. My son asked me questions about the authenticity of this movie and Emily Rose. I told him I remembered the trail, but not much of it. He began asking about demons and realism and all of that. When I was going through my metaphysical stage, I taught him all of it. He “sees dead people” just like I do, but he does not talk about it so much these days. I told him about the adage that Satan’s biggest trick is making people believe he does not exist. My son asked me to explain. I told him that as long as people believe, specifically the scientific community, that there is no evil and no Satan and no demons, then no one will work against it. I asked him “Do you think that if people knew and believed that they would burn in Hell and that Satan was real they would still do the stupid stuff they do?” It is similar to any government cover-up conspiracies. As long as they keep the public thinking there is no such thing, no one will be snoopy and look around and find them doing it. Anyway, I think that psychology has gone in the wrong direction in totally disregarding spiritual matters. In fact, most psychiatrists will say that beliefs in religions and God and demons and all of that is a disorder, mainly schizophrenia. I disagree. I do not believe in the Biblical Heaven and Hell. We make our own Hell. I believe in karma and that if we do evil things, evil will be done to us. Did Emily have grand mall seizures? Maybe, but I do not think so. They said in the movie that she was in fact taking her meds at the height of her activities and when she was displaying these behaviors. Does our mind play tricks on us during seizures, or do the demons? I think both. It is very easy to manipulate energy when being a spirit or demon. They are pure energy. They can effect our brain chemistry. They can effect any magnetic imaging scans. As long as evil is explained in a matter of psychical, scientific explanations and treated with drugs, evil will prevail and flourish. However, I know that there are many who need drug therapies. I know there are many who indeed have chemical imbalances. What a lonely and meaningless existence to live life without the conscientious presence of a Higher Power. Anyway, it was nice having that conversation.

Yesterday, I took my son and his friend to Denver for the Broncos game. Just before the main entrance at the stadium, they had a live band performing. They played old 70’s retro disco music. They sounded great! They had a 5 piece horn section, 2 person percussion, 4 singers, an eclectic bass, guitar and keyboards. “Lady Marmalade” never sounded so good!!! That band was tight! They had their sound down solid and they worked very well together. The lead vocalist, a female, belted the leads out on that song with authority. I had goose flesh! Oh, man!!! I love live music! Back in the late 70’s, I was a closet disco lover. Unfortunately, I was alone in my group with the musical appreciation for that musical yesterday, so I had to leave much sooner than I want. That just made my weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home