"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Within/without

All I have ever wanted in life is to be loved. Same as everyone else. That is really truly all any of us wants. We look around for other things that we think bring us that love, but it is not true or real. That love comes from within just as much as from without. Perhaps we all already have it, just that we think we do not that we are so frightened so afraid that we push love away. Yet, that love is always there, perhaps way down deep or perhaps right under our noses, but that love is there. Yet, fear masks it, covers it, gives us the false impression that we do not have love. All any of us need do is not allow fear to blind us and fool us. That is the real trick, isn’t though?

All that I have ever wanted was to have someone love me as much as I love her. To know it is real and true and lasting. Instead, I feel fear. Fear that she will cheat as the many others before her. To lie and deceive and to leave me. Funny, ironic, that right now there is no rational reason to feel that. What we fear most will come to us, drawn like a magnate to metal.

8 years now there has been no love in my life. No gf or wife or even a sex buddy (as if that is love, right?). Yet, all around me is love. Love within me, love without me. Love from my family and friends and pets and from God and from myself. From myself? Not as easy to do at times. Getting much easier, yes, but at times, well, not so good.

Love from within, love from without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home