"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ol' Mr. C

I would like to quote some lyrics from a song I was listening to a few days ago. A song I know well and have listened too many times. It somehow seemed to fit the events of my mental state of the past few days.

“Nothing Ever Goes As Planned” (Dennis De Young) Styx

“‘Cause
Nothing ever goes a planed
It’s a Hell of a notion,
Even Pharaohs turn to sand
Like a drop- in the ocean
I’m so together and I act so civilized
But every time that things go wrong
I’m still surprised
I’ve done my duty
And paid a fortune in dues”

Mr. C was hanging round looking for a fight. He stirred up some trouble and wanted to have me complain about not getting laid and asking lots of “why not me” ’s and “why everyone else” ’s. Over the years, I have often times been amazed at how quickly and easily I can get depressed. Anger and frustration takes hold and Mr. C makes his appearance. What is even sometimes more amazing is how comfortable it feels. It is like coming home, picking up on a conversation that had a long interruption, yet never actually stopped. Even more amazing still, is how I become surprised at my depression and wonder how can it be this is still happening to me. He did not hang round too much and I did not entertain him. He was allowed to speak on occasion, but he did not take over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home