"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, January 09, 2006

new ride!





Just got a new car today! It is a 2002 Saturn SLII. This is the nicest car I have ever owned. And the best part, no payments! All that extra work I did over Christmas vacation allowed me to save up some cash to just write them a check. It has a great stereo system in it! I cranked her up all the way and wow!!! It has a CD player/cassette player with an eq. The first CD I played: Bob Marley. It sounded great! This car has less than 60,000 miles and is spotless inside and out. The engine compartment looks brand new as does the interior. It did not look to good there for a while for me getting it. The place I bought it from is going out of business. They have been our Lincoln/Mercury, Pontiac, Subaru dealership for many years. They started out over 91 years ago. I saw an add on TV on Christmas Day while kind of half watching football. My son and I drove down there that night and I saw this car. I came home and checked it out on the internet and noticed they were asking a very good price for it. So, the following Tuesday, I test drove it and put a deposit down for it. I get paid from the State on Mondays, so I told them I would be back on the 9th, today, to get her. Well, the next day, the dealership called me and said they had 4 other people who wanted to buy it. The guy asked me all kinds of questions about my deposit check and my work. I had an experience before when I had put a deposit down on a car and they sold it to someone else. Not this same dealership, but I was feeling like they were either pressuring me or thinking about screwing me. They are going out of business, so what leverage do I have? So, I drove by that evening and they had a sold sign in it. I drove by last Friday, too, but the car was gone. I did not expect them to put it away somewhere and I did expect them to let others look at it. They need to cover their backs just incase my deal feel through. This morning, I went to my bank and the State did not pay me for all of my funding. I ended up being $300 short. So, I dropped my client off, came home and called the State. They had sent me this e-mail last Tuesday, the 3rd, saying they had a system clinch. It said I had to make my billing before 5:00PM on that day. Well, it was 4:30PM and I was just making a quick check of my e-mail before Yoga at 5:00PM. Normally, the billing needs to be done on Wednesday before 5:00PM, then they deposit the funds in my bank account on Monday. I did everything they said and on time. Well, they did not pay it. That was $600. Nothing I can do about it. They did not get it done and I will not get the fund until next Monday. The dealership would not hold until then. My parents were not home and I had no idea where they where. I called my sister, not home or at work. I went to the dealership. The car was not there. I told him I would be back shortly to get the car. Finally, at 2:15, my parents came home. They loaned me the $300 I was short. During all this, I just tried to remain positive, but I also told myself if I did not get, well, there are others around. Not as in good as shape as this one, though, especially for that price. I paid $6,900. They only gave me $600 for trade-in on my old one. That is where the $300 came in for me. The Kelly Blue Book is $9,300 on this car, so I got a very good deal on it. They gave me a 90 day/4,000 mile warranty, as well. It is fully loaded with all the fancy electrical/power stuff. YEAH!!!
Thank you God for the new car!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy said...

Thanks! I sure have been enjoying the CD player! Bob Marley has not been taken out since I got it.

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home