"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, March 27, 2006

return of the zombies

Sunday afternoon, my father was showing my son and I one of his many guns. This particular one is a 20 gage, bolt action, shot gun. For some reason, I always thought a 20 gage was some type of joke and not a real shot gun. I thought 18 was the highest gage amount. Also, I had never seen a bolt action shot gun, only single shots or pumps. This gun is old and has a long barrel. I did not think any more of it that day. I was still concerned about my son and his issues he was having with his school friends and all of that I mention previously. That night, or early morning, I had another zombie dream. My son and I were here in our house. The front door was open with he and I standing looking out at the rest of the World. It was a warm, sunny, bright day. Usually, a clear vivid dream such as this has some significance for me. That shot gun was in my hands and a zombie came waltzing up in it’s awkward theoretical manner, then entered the house through the front door. I shot it in the face, completely obliterating it’s entire head with nothing remaining, not even anything as mere as splatters of plasma or bone fragments. I turned to my son, who was standing behind me with a shot gun, not a 20 gage bolt action, and told him: “Don’t shot them in the head like that. The cops will not be able to identify them once they arrive.” No sooner had I finished that factorial comment, another zombie entered the house. This time, I shot it through the chest, in the heart, nearly severing it in half. At least, the face was still recognizable. There came perhaps 6 more into the yard. My son stepped up to join in the activities. After pulling the gun up, preparing to shot again, the dream altered. The zombie part and my son and being even in this city was over. In the movies, and apparently in my dreams as well, zombies are symbolic of brain dead, very low functioning, can not think for themselves and always follow the rest of the herd, sheep, I mean, humans. They are the type of people who can not do or act or say anything of their own accord, only do or say want they know from the majority consensus. Not very flattering as far as I am concerned. The dreams theme or message was just telling me that my son must also be involved in fighting ‘zombies’ in his life. Suppose that is only fitting considering what happened with him and his “friend.” The dream is encouraging became it is suggesting that we both have very effective tools in combating this issue. This is my 3rd zombie dream in the last year. This was the first that my son was in one. These dreams remind me that I can not just be a follower. In my hour of deep need and desperation, I wish to be a follower and just have random sex or sex without love or just jump from one relationship to the other. Pick out something very easy and take whatever I can get. Please, do not take offense anyone! I am not saying anything bad about anyone else and their choices. Simply, that is not me. I have to be true to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home