"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

visualization and mind over matter.

In the past 3 weeks or so, I have been visualizing myself being (among other things) bigger, more muscular, with a smaller stomach. This is part of my new self, the one who views himself as confident, strong, positive and successful. This new knowledge came to me after I had a very enlightening experience. I watched the movie, “What the Bleep Do We Know?” If you have not seen it, I strongly recommend that you do, soon. It will change your life! It did mine! From the movie, I learned to cut off my negative thoughts and actions and to not just place piles of positive over them but to remove them and replace the negative with positive. The other day, I was at the YMCA, lifting weights. I was resting between sets, looking at myself in the mirror. Before, I would not do so and would just look away. For me, looking at myself in the mirror has been tough. I have not liked myself and I had a difficult time feel good about myself, even on my best day. Our YMCA has lots of huge mirrors in the weight rooms. Yes, this is sometimes viewed as vain. When I am working out, especially by myself, I usually watch myself in the mirror to make sure my form is correct. Form is the most important part of weight lifting. It does no good to have very heavy weight if a person is not doing the exercise properly. In fact, it can actually be worse. On that day, I began to do as I would have before, turning away and/or something bad about myself. Quickly, I cut it off and began to tell myself, to visualizing my legs and calves getting bigger. To my surprise, they actually grew!! I watched them grow larger right before my eyes!!! It was like I was in a movie with some special effects! Anyway, it was pretty cool! Yes, it does in fact work! A comment was made in the movie about the importance of our mind over reality. We create our own realities. They suggested that it is not as important to our bodies what we put into it as it is more important what we put into our minds about our bodies. Mind over matter. I was not a believer before. I am now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home