"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

My dream from 7-26-2005

This dream was very real, very vivid and very intense. This was the type of dream that I was watching myself, still feeling all of my emotions, still knowing and hearing all of my thoughts, but watching myself as though watching a movie. Everything seemed more vivid, more alive, more colorful. The dream began with me in this really big house that had been converted into some type of restaurant. This house was across the street form our YMCA. There is a building there, but the landscape was a little different. The house/restaurant was full of people eating meals at tables. There also was many spiders, everywhere. The spiders were very, very small, baby, yellow Wolf spiders. Wolf spiders are very common around here. They are not venomous nor will they bite. They seldom ever come indoors, preferring to find a corner somewhere on the house. However, they can get big, sometimes about the size of a golf ball. They are a sandy brown color, with dark brown stripes on their legs and body and have a very fat thorax. To be honest, I do not know why they are called Wolf spiders. There is no resemblance to wolves. Anyway, the customers were getting upset about the little baby spiders crawling on everything. A few were crawling on me. One was on my left arm, but I just set it down on the floor. I became very adamant with the customers about not killing the spiders. In real life, I do not kill insects, especially spiders. Spiders are a huge factor in the ecosystem and keep the other bug populations down. Many of our smaller and prettier birds here eat only insects. I have an Ukrainian friend who told me that in her country, they say if a person kills a spider, then they will never have enough money. Although I did not say it to the customers in my dream, the spiders were being used in the fruit drinks/Smoothies there (very odd!!! Shades of “Ruby Juice” maybe?). The restaurant people were not killing the spiders, but extracting something from them. I heard my thoughts say “essence.” Anyway, I went (can not say walked because I was just suddenly there) into another room and it was full of adult size Wolf spiders. I was very careful not to step on any of them. You know, I have a belief that if I am kind to spiders and I do not think them as wishing to harm me, they will not harm me. I just pick them up with my bare hands and place them outdoors. In my dream, they do not try to run from me or climb on me or bite me. After carefully leaving that room, I found myself outside, about to leave the restaurant. As I was across the dirt parking lot to my mother’s car, I heard a whistling sound like a bomb was dropping. I looked up and caught a brief glimpse of a 5th-wheel camper trailer, flying through the air. It was about 200/250 yards above me and went out of my sight very quickly. I was not sure I saw it at first, but I had a “feeling.” I knew what was going on and just as I felt that “feeling,” a huge horse trailer flew by in the sky. That confirmed it for me! Then, it suddenly appeared before me!! Just behind the house was a huge F5 tornado that was insanely large. It was more than 10 city blocks wide! The sky had turned very dark, black and in places it glowed vibrant reds and oranges. The colors were so bright and vivid and brilliant that they did not seem real. As far as I could see, the sky was this way. It made everything seem as though it was night time, even though when I first began walking to the house, it was bright and warm and sunny. Beside the F5, 3 sisters tornados drooped down, but they were smaller, long and thin. The sister tornados were glowing bright red and orange as if they were on fire. I have seen this before. I saw a tornado in my city once hit a power line and turn bright yellow for the energy it absorbed. Although I could not see it clearly, I knew the colors meant they were causing major damage and causing fires and explosions. The sisters went to my right or West. The big F5 was coming straight toward me! I began running back to the restaurant to warn everybody. I was running as fast as I could but I was only moving in very slow motion. Perhaps you have had this type of experience in a dream before with running? Rather common, I suppose, but not so much for me. I looked over my right shoulder and up toward God and said aloud, “Oh, come on, I can run faster than this.” Slowly, as if my legs had been frozen and were now breaking apart, I began to move faster. I could feel my muscles begin to loosen up as if they had been locked. Finally, I got into the house and yelled to every one, “There’s a tornado! Get in the basement!” As if they did not hear me or believe me, nearly all of them stayed in their seats, continuing eating. One woman, one who was about to kill a spider earlier, got up and looked out often window. A few other followed her led. I did not stay try and encourage them further. Only one person, a male manager, went down stairs with me into the basement. The place was very cluttered and it was difficult to walk around. It was very quite down there, too quite, and the windows were too high up and too small for us to see outdoors. I was very anxious to get back up above to see what was going on outdoors. After a short time, I could wait no longer and went back upstairs. The house was destroyed, but not completely flattened. It looked as though a big tree had landed on it, crushing it down the middle, but the tree was not there. The tornados were gone, the sky was grey, but I could see no people anywhere. I began to walk toward my mother’s car to see if it was okay, and it was except for a minor dent on the front fender, but before I got to it, a bunch of police officers came running past me. One of them came up to me and asked if I was okay. “Yes,” I told him, “but there was a lot of people in that house there.” We both looked to the house. To our surprise, just behind the house, came another huge F5 tornado down from out of the sky. We jumped on the ground, over the edge of the hill that the parking lot and former house was on, to protect ourselves. We both watched the tornado hit the oil refinery we have here in my city. In my city, the refinery is not that close to the location I was at, but in my dream, it was about a ¼ mile behind the house. The refinery exploded and instantly burned to black asses, making the tornado glow bright red and orange. One of the oil towers flew into the air, on fire, and landed on the house. The loose ruble from the house instantly burned and the rest was compacted down to raw 2by4 lumber. The tornado went again to the West of me and was quickly over. The officer left me, walking toward the house, I walked over toward the car. I stood, from atop a the hill, and looked out at my city. It was completely destroyed. Every building and house and tree was now just plies of debris. The entire town was flattened and now just unrecognizable rubble. Still, there was no people. I began driving home. I had many troubles making through and over all of the debris on the roads. There is a large interstate highway, I80, that runs though my city. A person must pass under it before reaching my home on the South side of town. On this highway was a huge mess with piles of unrecognizable cars and trucks. The sky was now a darker grey, appearing to be nearly night time. I drove up this hill that near then top is one of ten over-passes, but I was having trouble getting up the hill. It was a s though it was covered in thick slick ice. The car spun around, facing back down the hill. I could feel it starting to slide off the road. There was other cars there and a deep ditch that I would not be able to drive out. I parked the car and began walking. On the highway, there was still big semi trucks driving very fast through the debris. I thought to myself with some distain, “Super-truckers.” These drivers are only concerned with themselves and getting to their destinations with no regards for human life or safety. After I crossed under the highway, my son, Trevor, was walking with me by my side. It was now night time and very dark because there was no electricity for lights. As we walked closer to my house, I began to wonder about our house. Trevor asked if it was going to still be there and be okay. When we arrived home, our house was fine. My parents were inside. They told Trevor and I that the tornado had picked up the house, turned it around to face the opposite direction (which would be East), then set it down perfectly on the frame. I woke up then. I laid in bed, scared out of my mind for a brief time. However, in my dream, I was not sacred, not once. In real life, I am not afraid of tornados. I saw my first one when I was just 5 years old. I have not spent much time analogizing it. I do think that the tornados are symbolic of things that are out of my control. If it had been some big demon or animal, then I could kill it, but a tornado is Mother Nature, or God. It was God’s Doing and God’s Will to destroy my city. I knew not to fight it. I have often dreamt about a huge demon that is trying to kill me. It is a huge crocodile that is bigger than King Kong or a dinosaur. That is something that can be killed. I suppose I could use magic to stop the tornado or be like “Storm” in the “X-Men,” but those thoughts or feelings did not come to me. I was completely resolved to allow the tornados to do their thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home