"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005


My son, Trevor. Yes, he is a football player, but not a jock. Actually, I am very proud that he is an athlete and not a stupid drunk junkie like I was at his age. Also, he is very, very good at football. He is going to the same high school that I graduated from, awhile ago. Football is his only sport he plays at school. When the season is over, he works-out all off season. I have never pushed him to do any of the others, but I sometimes wish he would play basketball or track. He was a very good hockey goalie when he was in grade school, the best in the league actually, but he decided on football in jr. high. Actually, I have never pushed him to do anything. I wanted him to be musician like his old man, but he has no interest. He is not much into art, either. I just encourage him to keep doing what he likes to do. I have not missed any of his games, except for one this year and one last year, but he was playing Sophomore, JV and Varsity. I could not make the 10 hour drive to Evanston last year.

1 Comments:

Blogger elvira black said...

Very fine looking young man!

6:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home