"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Something new / favorite ablums list

Okay, something instead of all the art stuff. What I am going to do now is to make a list of my favorite albums. These will be my all-time-best-most liked-most listened to- albums. Maybe latter, I will just list bands/artist, but for now, just the albums. There will be little explanations of why and some little side notes with a little story or some 'important only to me' type information. With this list, some of the criteria will be the album as a whole, not just certain songs. There are a lot of songs I love, but not the entire album. Oh sure, some of them will have a song here and there that I do not care so much for, but for the most part, all of it together. Please note that some of these will be live albums. They are in a way a “greatest hits” compilation. Some music critics do not like live albums. They feel they lose the integrity of the mastering and engineering that can only be reproduced in the studio. Me personal, I love them! The energy, the subtle changes in the music, especially the guitar solos. The adlib, the crowd interactions, the tight knit timing of the bands performances that are not enhanced by studio over-dubs, and the lack of some of the cheesiness with some background noises or vocals. If a person listens real close, you can hear slurred speech or mumbled lyrics due to intoxicated performers. There are times when a particularly loud person in the audience is heard over the others. To me, seeing my favorite bands live was the ultimate experience in enjoying and appreciating their work. There is a new closeness and new appreciation for their talents. Okay, enough already. Oh, yes, I love studio recordings with high-thec productions and engineering and over-dubs and background vocals. Well, readers, I hope you enjoy my choices. You do not have to like them or agree, this is just me. You might learn more about me, or you might want to click off my site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home