"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

art show

Got all of my art up last night!!! Only took 2 hours. There was 2 pieces left from the fundraiser and there was room, so I included them. They need title cards. They are printed up now and I will try to work in the time today to hang them up. I have another piece here at home, the yellow and brown leopard (there is a picture of him on here), that I am going to put in as well today. I gave it a title, “Enough Already” that stems from his facial expression. He will not be for sale. If there is someone who is dieing to have it, I will look into having some prints made. I am very curious about this anyway. I am wondering what the cost might be, can it be feasible to make prints and sell them at a profit and not be too high a price. Most people do not frame their reprints when they sell them and I might check inot that as well. Anyway, I got some very nice compliments!!! There is another artist who works there, he had some very complimentary words. The art director very much liked the falcon piece. She said it gave her “chills.” WOW! No one has ever said that before. You know, I know I am talented and that my stuff is good. I am just modest and do not like to think of my art or myself as being “Great,” although some people tell me so. Being humble makes me work harder to improve. These days though, I can look at my work and appreciate it more than I could before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy said...

the leopard drawing is in the January archives

7:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home