"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

more art stuff again...

All of my art work is framed and ready to go for the exhibition. I will be setting it up on Friday, late afternoon. I have my little cards with the titles, prices and description of the media used for each piece. I am excited to finally get it going! This show and selling my work and displaying it is really not the important part of art to me. Yes, recognition is nice and I sure could use the money. Art is in the doing. No, art is not an escape into another reality to avoid life and all of it’s little quirks. Creating is not a drug that numbs the pain. Creating is a heightened state of awareness. When I am drawing or painting or playing my guitar, I raise above my troubles and thoughts. I look down on them from a different perspective. One that allows me to see they are small and insignificant in compression to creating and life and the Big Picture. I have a friend who has this nice saying she puts in her e-mails. “Do not tell God how big your problems are, but tell your problems how big God is.” That is how doing art and creating is, when I am not creating, my problems seem bigger than life, but when I am doing art, they are much smaller than life and God, just like they truly are anyway. Perhaps then, art is the true reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home