"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter everyone!!!!

In Eastern Europe, that will be tomorrow, or in a about 15 hours, Easter Monday. I am told by my Ukrainian friend that this is just another holiday for men to drink. We have plenty of those type holidays here. Easter has not been much of drinking holiday for me or my family. All of the other holidays were/are, but not usually Easter. There was a point in my life that everyday was a drinking day and any excuse to make it a bigger drinking day was not only welcomed, but highly sought after. There has been no drinking for me in 15 years, 2 months, and 27 days. Easter to me is more than just the recognition and celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus. Oh, yes, it is very important to me and all of us to remember this very significant day and the great sacrifice Jesus made for all of us. As with Jesus, this is a time for rebirth and new beginnings. Everywhere is seen symbols of Spring. In my opinion, Spring should be the New Year, not January. To me, it is only logical because Spring is the time for rebirth and new growth. The Earth, on this Northern half anyway, comes out of it’s dormant stage from the harsh winter weather and begins to grow. This time of the year I view as a time for me to start a new year. Last year, I made some huge strides in my personal growth. Need I say more? Now, with my new knowledge and my “realization,” I am hoping, praying, and expecting more this year. For those of you who know me, this means money and more importantly, a need for more personal growth and to find healing and growth through love. Love from a companion, a woman, a lover, wife and best friend who is all one in the same. Perhaps, all in one for now, at this exact moment in my life, is not feasible, but some of those in different others to help me heal and grow so that I can be ready to be with my “Her.” The other day, I heard the statement, “When the pupil is ready to learn, the teacher will appear.” I feel I am ready for my teachers.
"Dear God,
Please, bring to me huge successes with money this year and every year after. Please, continue to allow me to learn and grow. Please, bring to me or take me to my one True Love.
Thank You, God!
Thank You!!
Thank You!!!
Thank You!!!!
Amen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home