"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Sunday, January 30, 2005


self-portrait, 2003. Pastels over watercolor. I originally drew this back in the 70's when I was around 14 or 15. Not sure exactly when because I did not date it. This is showing my inner self, not a horrible evil demon dragon, but a protector, friend, kind, gentle, curious. Not until much recently did I notice the dragon has only one eye. Wonder what that is saying. I drew it the same way back then. Single minded? Narrow vision? Fixated? I remember just wanting to capture that expression, one of innocence and kindness.  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home