"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

more on Christmas

One other thing about Christmas, I can never sleep on Christmas Eve. Of course, when I was a child I was very excited about Santa and gifts and all that. To this day, I still do not sleep well. I wake up and can not get back to sleep or toss and turn and not fall to sleep at all. There are some “holiday traditions” that I do not care so much about. I do not like eggnog or fruitcake or pumpkin pie. My Grandmother used to make pumpkin bread and cake that as really good and I like pumpkin cookies and pumpkin seeds, but not pumpkin pie. I always thought that I would like to start my own tradition with my own family. I think we should have a birthday cake and sing happy birthday to Jesus. After all, it is his birthday, yes? Do we not have cake and ice cream for other’s birthdays? Maybe I am just a dork.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy said...

WOW! That is so cool! You are such a cool chick! You just keep getting better and better the more I learn about you.

7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home