"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Friday, May 06, 2005

More art and the Y and stuff

Several other people have told me in the past week that they or others they know did not sell anything at the YMCA either.

The piece that the art director said gave her “chills,” “Pug Eyes” the falcon pastels piece, well, I gave it to her. She was very happy! I gave the print “An Angel Appear Before Me” to my weight lifting instructor. She was very happy! She had me over for diner last night. Turns out her husband used to draw a lot when he was younger. He showed me some of his drawings. Her oldest daughter, who is the same age as my son and is in one of his classes at school, is an artist as well. She has taken many art classes at school and is currently. She showed me all of her stuff. She has got some talent. She had a project she was working on when I got there and she asked me to help her with it. At 3:00 AM this morning, I drew some sketches for 2 ideas that came to mind. I got them while I was not able to sleep due to my coughing.

Life marches on and so am I.

Hopefully, this weekend I will have time to do some drawing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

i am glad that your art are finding homes of their own. : )

4:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home