"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

art reception

Tonight was the reception for my art exhibit at the YMCA. It began snowing about 2 hours before and it is still snowing now, an hour after. With all of the handicaps that occurred, the very low turn out is not a surprise. There was a few employees of the Y stop by real quickly, a few people I work with and other than that, 4 people. Two were my parents and the other 2 were my parent's friends. I did NOT sell anything. I did get to bring home a pan of some very tasty brownies. Telling myself that it was enough to just regain my interest back seems foolish at this point. Yet, I have no other alternative now. It is over. Telling myself all along that that was enough limited me. I told myself and God and the Universe that was enough and that is all They gave me. Yes, I was being positive, but I limited myself. A friend of mine has asked me through all of this what she thought God might be telling me. Maybe latter I will know, but for now, I limited myself. Like I said, this was not about the money for me. However, if I do this again, I will make sure I place a little higher priority on the money. I spent a lot of money I do not have on frames and preparations.

Perhaps I should have waited to write this when I could be less...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

i think you did all the best you could, timmy, and even more. it's just that the Y organizers for your show seem to need more education and training on effectively organizing an art show...

for you, it meant the world. for them, they must have just seen it as another "activity" to get done and over with. i wonder how they measure the "success" of their activities/projects...? hmmm.

congratulations for getting to this point, still. i think of it as raising the bar up one notch higher. next time it will be better, i'm sure of it!

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Timothy said...

good points! i had not really thought of them. thank you for opening my eyes to them.

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home