"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, April 25, 2005

More art and the Y

Wednesday night is the reception for my art exhibit at the YMCA. When I went tonight (Monday) to work-out, my invitations for the reception were setting on the counter. They had not been mailed yet and the art director told me they did not have any money for stamps. I told her I would give her the money, but she just walked off. I worked for the Post Office. I know that if they did not get to the Post Office, the main PO, by tonight that they would not get delivered until after the reception. There is a woman in my weight lifting class who’s husband had his show last year. She told me that they only had 10 people show-up even having their invitations were sent out on time. My weight lifting instructor told me she took them to the PO and mailed them tonight just before class. Now, they will be delivered on the same day of the reception. Who will come on at that short of a notice? I am disappointed in this whole art show thing and the art director. I have no idea why she waited until today to get them done. But, as I said, this was about me regaining my interest in my art and not about selling any of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home