"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Special Olympics

Yesterday was the regional Special Olympics held here. This was my first time attending. I took my son and we went to the opening ceremonies, the power lifting event and the basketball games. This was held at my son’s school in their new, very nice work-out facility and gym. There was 3 other cities there, Laramie, Torrington, and Wheatland. While we were watching the power lifting that was before the opening ceremonies, I saw some of the person’s served I work with in Laramie. I remembered all of their names and some of their little characteristic quirks. It was fun for me. One of the girls from Laramie came over and talked to me. She remember my name! To my readers, you may not think this is much, but for me, this is nothing short of a Miracle! It was 6 years ago and with all of the people/trainers they go through over there… well, I was touched. I was very impressed at how strong some of these guys are in the Olympics. It was kind of a tough day from some of them I work with now. One hurt her back doing dead lifts and had to go to the emergency room. Another dislocated his finger in basketball. I will not find out until I go into work tomorrow how they are doing. Softball is coming up next and I think I will try to get more involed. This is just so very important to these guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home