"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Super Bowl half time show

On the MSN home page I saw a lead for an article about people complaining about a “boring” Super Bowl half time show. All I have to say is THANK GOD!!! they finally had some REAL music!! I loved it! While I was watching, I was again reminded of a thought I always have when the performer stops singing and allows the audience to sing. To me, this is the ultimate compliment, the most positive affirmation that a musician can ever get as a tribute to their success and that they have writen quality music, to have a large crowd of people sing a song they wrote. But to be at the Super Bowl, with a very large diversity for an audience and to have them know your lyrics? Can it get any better than that? If it was me, I would say it is time to die because it can not get any better than that. Do you think Janet Jackson can say that? Do you think in 30 years people will be singing the lyrics to a Justin Timber lake song at half time during the Super Bowl? I think NOT! Okay, sure, it is not a tough lyric to recall.

Thank you Janet Jackson for giving me a reason to watch the Super Bowl half time again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home