"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

more stinkin' Valentines...

How very interesting to me that I forgot one of my number one reasons to dislike Saint Valentines Day. In 1990, I attended my best friend’s (Shanon's) funeral. Why her mother decided to have the funeral on that day, I do not know. She died on the 8th and had them wait until the 14th. My last “real/official” "date" was on this day, 1996. Dinner and a movie and yes, flowers for her. No, I did not get any. I saw her a few months ago. She is married with 2 children and looks much better than she did back then.

whatever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home