"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

horoscope

Found this horoscope for Virgos (which is me) that has some interesting suggestions. Most of it actually seems to fit me, which is kind of rare for me from a general statement. Some of it is wishful thinking on my part.

"How strange and unsettling is the call for freedom. Feel it rippling in your heart. Feel it calling you to explore the experience you've been craving for. This is, at its essence, the theme of your life: the quest to be freed from structure enough to actually do, feel and see the worlds you had not dared to touch in the past, or that you were not allowed to. Now is very likely the time. Your relationships are poised to become as creative, passionate and chaotic as your work life has been, and your work is about to narrow to a point of what could reasonably be called success. All of it speaks to escaping the established patterns of your life fast and all at once, then doing it again, and again. It's amazing how good you can feel once you've survived the bottom falling out, once you've decided that judging others harshly is pointless, and once you know that other people are not really the ones inspiring you: that the source of curiosity and the yearning for release is all your own. Decisions must, as you're learning quickly, have a basis. Choice is guided by a much deeper reference set that has little to do with supposed outcomes; rather, the impetus to be whole/holy is the beacon. Several times in these four seasons, you'll be able to stop completely and know you can move in any direction whatsoever; each will be followed by a cascade of changes. Make a decision and trust it. You may fear that this process won't be easy for partners, but I assure you they can keep pace. Trust, as well, that your most powerful meetings will happen on a schedule of cosmic convenience. They will happen, and powerful is an understatement."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

wowww. it seems like it had you, exactly, in mind, huh??? see!!!! wonderful things are on their way!!! i love that part about bottoming out. bullseye.

3:00 AM

 
Blogger Timothy said...

The bottoming out part really got to me, too. When it comes to getting harassing phone calls about my bills, I do not feel the same shame and guilt and urgency to panic because I know it is not the end of the World. I could not say this before. Any small positive in my life is much more appreciated by me now.

8:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home