"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

more on February

There is another reason for me to dislike February: the death of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bobber. I love Buddy Holly! My father has/had all of his 45’s (they are mine now, thank you very much!) He was a good guy and an innovator in rock n’ roll music. My father had tickets to the show that they were on their way to in Iowa that day of the plane crash. Oh, yeah, and NO MORE FOOTBALL! This year the damned NHL is making it worse! Come on guys, shut up and play already!!!!!

Maybe I should stop whining about this month and try to find positives in it for myself. Okay, umm... well.. uh.. Oh, it is only 28 or 29 days long. I usually get my income tax returns, and here in my part of the World, it is kind of an end to winter. Although we get lots of heavy snow fall in March, April, and May, it is the happy snow: very wet and great for moisture and snow balls and snow people. And not so cold. My good friend’s birthday is in this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home