"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Friday, February 25, 2005


Mixed media, pastel over watercolor, 2005. The newest installment of the woman and dragon series. There is now a red, green, purple, orange, and brown one. Soon, will be a blue one. This is also the first that I used a photo of someone I know and not just made her up. Again, if you have not seen the others (there are some on here and I will latter put the rest on here), I did these using only one color and using lots of negative space. For each of these drawings, I made the eyes larger than normal. This is to reflect innocence and also to show that these woman can see the unseen or see more that the normal person. Before I meet this person in this drawing, I had completed the other drawings. Now that I know her, this concept fits these descriptions very well! It was only natural that I include her in one of them. She is a woman who can see those things that many others do not see or believe. The dragons are a reflection of the women's inner self. It shows strength, independence, a strong will, elegances and mystery. These are also protectors or guardians for them. In this drawing, the dragon is more decorative than the other dragons. This is to show that she is more complex in her inner world and inner self than most other women I know now.
 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home