"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

"Talk to Me"

When you say you'll do anything,
To keep are love alive,
What does that include?

Leaving alone when I'm mad
Joining in when I'm glad
Understanding when I'm sad
Forgiving when I'm bad

Can you understand and not agree?
Can you be completely honest with me
On how and what it is you see?

Let me know when your mad
Let me join in when your glad
Allow me to understand when your sad
That I can forgive when your bad

Just say what you feel and what's going on inside
And not hide behind what you think I might decide
Or what you think I want you to be.

All I really want is for you to talk to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

some times, not talking is a way of talking too... isn't it? : )

3:09 AM

 
Blogger Timothy said...

Yes, it is and she was telling me she can not be in the type of realtionship that I need. She keep telling me she would do anything for me, but she could not do the thing I needed most from her.

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Nine Lives said...

well, there is always the unspoken caveat to it... "i would do anything for you..." (as long as it is consistent with my own needs and integrity)... isn't that how it works?

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home