"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Tantrums the seguel

I am so tired right now. This overnight shift is running me down physically and emotional.

My “tantrum” a few days ago is still lingering, only now, I am trying find that place I was before the depression and frustration got the better of me. I am reminded of JFK’s words: “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” Well, I am asking God what I should do for God. If I just let my situation slide and allow for it to work itself out, fine, I feel better. However, it seems wrong to not be active in my part. All I can do is my part and then God do the rest. When I look at the whole picture, my current situation, it is overwhelming. No way can I do it on my own. Sometimes, I feel like I have been forsaken. Even Jesus had his moment of doubt and pain, but I have had a tendency to wallow in it. That wallow became a vise and a way of life and it is taking me time to get out of it.

The World sucks when I look how some people get all the stuff. They get “rewarded“ for their hideous morals. They will never know love like I do and that would suck more. I know I have to help create those things, but I also know that it takes time. I forget sometimes. Do I want a huge house and lots of toys? No, a nice house and a few toys, but mostly love. Love from a woman, a wife, a best friend, a best lover, a companion who is all the same person. Pretty tall order these days, so I must learn to be patient. I usually am, but at times,... well, those times come by less and less and they stay for shorter and shorter times.

All I can do is be myself. When I was younger, I tried being others. Did not work out so well for me. If I am in bad mood, then I am in a bad mood. I try to not be, but life happens. If I had it all figured out, then I would not need to be here, I would be on a different plain of existence trying to figure that one out.

Some days, I just do not get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

it's okay timmy. i understand...

one good option is actually to wallow in it to the hilt until it sickens you... (ironic, yeah, but that's what happened for me)... you know? like encouraging the fever until it finally breaks?

trust the Process. and follow your heart, my friend.

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home