"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

"When I Think of You"

When I think of you
I wonder where you are
I wonder how you are
I wonder if you are fine
But I already know

I fear for you
But I'm not afraid

I worry about you
But I'm not absorbed

I think of who I'm missing
But not what I've missed

When I think of you
I wonder where you are
Knowing that I shall be there
Some day, in some way,
In my own time

I think of how I knew you
But how I didn't know you

I think of how I loved you
But, also, how I liked you

I worry that I won't see you again
But know that I can

Your in my thoughts
Your in my dreams
Your in my past
Your in my present
Your in my future

3 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

she is one lucky woman, whoever she is. : )

5:20 AM

 
Blogger Timothy said...

I wrote this about Shanon about 8 or so years ago. I feel fortunate to know here, yes, as did the others who knew her.

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Nine Lives said...

that's what i sensed. : )

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home