"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Time travel and rock music

Time travel has always been a very interesting subject/idea to me. The idea/concept of time in itself is enough and could take lots of time for me to write about. However, today I am thinking about a time machine. Go here and there, see, experience, learn and do what?

For now, I do not have anything so noble to write about as changing major events in history. Stopping Hitler or anything like that. Sure, I have some of those ideas or thoughts, I have lots of questions, but for now, I would like to talk about this idea I have had for many years now.

Music is huge in my life. I love rock and roll mostly and I have seen many shows. Over 120 and seen over 150 bands. What I would like to do with my time machine is go back and see some bands back in the day. Many I never got to see or to go and see them when they were just starting or at their best or their peak. Ray Charles when he was just getting started early 50‘s. How about one of those shows in the early 50’s with a very young Elvis and Johnny Cash? The Doors at the Whiskey in 1967 before their first album. The Beatles in Liverpool before they got big. Janis Joplin with Big Brother pre-1968. Bob Marley in Kingston, 1977 or ‘78. I could go on and on with a huge list. Maybe see some famous shows like Woodstock or some of the shows that I have on albums. For example, I would have loved to been in Paris to see Supertramp in 1979 for their live album “Paris.”

What about you? Who? Where? When?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home