"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Walls of Fear

Our hearts want to experience all
To sing and play, laugh and cry
Happiness and sorrow, pain and joy
With what some may call reckless abandon
However, it is just unconditional love
Our minds, though, do not agree
It wants to control and manage
To be too cautious and too careful
With what some may call logic
However, it just builds walls of fear
Walls of fear
Keep us from mistakes
Keeps us from pain
Keep us from sorrow
However, they keep us from love
My mind has built too many walls
To protect me from pain
From many years of crying and sorrow
Of limited success and many failures
However, they are slowly crashing down
Love will cure all
Love is all we need
Love, I did not have
Love, now, I have
However, fear still keeps the walls
Now, love has found me
Gives to me all
Gives me joy and passion
And happiness and love
Tearing down my walls of fear

3 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

you express so poignantly and beautifully what i am just now experiencing too... although im struggling in that quicksand of (yes! you named it) fear... somehow i also sense that the struggle is worthwhile and meaningful at last.

thank you for sharing it.

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Nine Lives said...

with your permission, tim, may i copy and post this in my blog, too? all credits and links go to you and your site, of course

4:14 AM

 
Blogger Timothy said...

yes, you cetainly may, grace with fire

9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home