"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Discouraged Intuition

The child can always see
What is happening inside you and me.
The child knows what is real
In how others feel.

The skeptic will always say
That this is not really the way.
They want the child to see
What the skeptic wants them to be.

Why do they teach the child
To push aside those feelings
That the child knows to be true?
Are they really the wise?

The skeptic does not agree
On what is the truth for me.
They want me to believe
That all is not what I perceive.

Some of my time is spent
Wondering what the skeptic meant
By wanting me to deny
The feelings on which I rely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

that's how i feel too, especially when i am told, "oh that's just your perception." : )

i would rather be told, "hmmm you have an interesting perception, i have never seen it that way. here is my perception..."

:D peace!

10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home