"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

wolfs

A friend sent this to me:

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me.....it is a terrible fight and is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity,guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

And the grandfather said, "the one you feed."

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

i loved this too! you beat me to posting this in my blog, youuu!!! : D

but im glad it's there.

5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home