"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Monday, January 17, 2005

"Here For Me"

When the days been long and the night even longer;
When trouble will not pass me by
And there are no tears left to cry
When I am too tired to try;
I leave my sadness and sorrow behind
And take a special journey inside,
Inside to a place where no others can go,
Where the trees are tall and green and filled with the scent of peace
And the birds sing their songs
Their songs of pleasant joy.
As I find my pathway to serenity;
The clear blue sky fills with orange, red and purple clouds
And a calm breeze whispers a welcome
A welcome to the coming rain
The rain that washes the blues away.
The pathway takes me to a cave
A cave that smells of burning cedar
Cedar that welcomes me to solitude
Solitude by the warmth of the glowing
The glowing yellow, orange, and blue flames of tranquility
A fire that invites me to sit and stay and
Where no one can harm me and I can sit and think and be myself and live
Live without care and feel only peace and love,
No one tells me how long to stay or when to go away
Because in here, in this cave, it's only me
Me and peace and calm and nothing
Nothing but the sound of the fire's crackle and the rain
The sound of the rain washing all the pain away and leaving
Leaving everything clean and beautiful.
I listen to the sound of the rain as it cleanses,
The sounds of the water as it splashes on the tree's leaves,
Onto the pedals of the flowers,
Through the cracks of the rocks,
Into the crevices in the ground.
The cry of distant thunder calms my heart as the thunder tells
Tells all pain to go away, not here, not today.
And when the rain has stopped and the sun appears
Appears from above the trees upon me;
I raise and stand at the entrance to my cave
And look down on the valley of love
The valley that is filled with all of the beauty I love;
I love it's tall, green grass and white and multi-colored roses
And a soft flowing stream of cool, clean water, a perfect dream.
The lizard crawls down from the tree to greet me
To greet me and show me the way back
Back to a better day and a cleaner, healthier me;
And as I walk by her side, she reminds me
Reminds me that this place will always be
Always be here for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

thank you very much for this beautiful piece. it expresses how i am feeling right now... although i don't want to go out of the cave yet. : )

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home