"One who conquers others is strong; One who conquers oneself is mighty." I care not to conquer others, but to simply understand, and help if I may do so. Conquering myself is another story, this story; one that is sometimes not simply for me to understand.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Shopping

Yesterday was "Fast Food Friday" and then Christmas shopping for the clients. Although I had only 3 of them as my responsiblity, it was a little tiring. Well, just my feet. 4 hours in the mall was too much for my already sore feet. Started a new walking program with my mother and my shoes I wore were in very bad shape. Yes, I know better from my mailman days that quality shoes are essential, but I had not other options. I looked while I was there and found some new ones, but with my limited resources at this time, I feel that I should be buying for others and not myself. Yet, this is my health I am talking about and it is time I began to push myself and work harder at getting back into shape. It is not so much the extra weight, but the way I feel, and that I sleep so much better when I am working-out on regular basis. Walking will be best for now along with the weights.
I have begun to notice more and more that I enjoy the company of the persons served than "normal" people. They are just so much more open and guniune with their emotions and their spoken thoughts. Walking around our mall here ( the "in" spot here, the most popular place here), I am interested in the reactions and the facial expressions of the "normal" people to the persons served. Maybe it is just me, but I have noticed that women seem to smile more often and be more positive than men toward them. We are talking the mall and so there are not as much men and yes they are probably already stressed and grumpy about "having to be there." There are still plenty of the digusted and scared and "what the hell are they doing here" looks, but no as much as by women as men. Age does not seem to be much of a factor, decrimation and ignorance and love and understanding seems to be unaffected by age.
So what a great job! I very much enjoy observing people and this way, becuase I am mostly invisible to others when I am with the persons served and they do not think anyone is watching them, I get to see their truths. I enjoy shopping, too, and I am getting paid for all of this! Although I am not getting paid well and that part is a growing concern for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nine Lives said...

nice observation and insight tim! i do that too. i thought it was my own secret occupation, people watching. : )

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home